Who Qualifies?

  • If you are between 18-26 years old…
  • If you are or have been in the custody of Alabama DHR/Child Welfare or are or have been in DYS or a residential facility while a resident of Alabama…
  • If you are in urgent need of food, financial assistance (utilities, gas, etc.), transportation assistance or other…
  • If you are alone, with no dependable stable supports in your life…

You do!

To get help…


You(th) can self-refer by contacting us directly with either a call or a message using the form below. Also community sources, such as DHR or a transitional or independent living program can refer a youth.

Once we have a request for service, we will meet with you and discuss your needs and how Second Shift can assist.  We will go over all of our services and will follow up with an evaluation of services at a later time.

  • We understand that if you are in crisis you may not have all of the items we list here.
  • We will need a drivers license or state ID, along with a secondary form of ID.
  • We may ask for verification of your need. This may be something like an eviction notice or a cut-off notice from the utility company or people who can confirm the need. We may ask also for verification of your involvement with DHR or a residential facility or program.
  • If you are not sure, give us a call. We will do what we can to work with what you have.  

If you need emergency assistance

We may need to refer you to another agency or resource
but we will do all we can to make sure you find what you need to get through the crisis.
If you would like to discuss connecting to a support or family mentor,
just call or message and we will help you to begin that process. 
Call or Text:


Send us a message or give us a call.

Let us know what you need! We will help if we are able! 

General Help
Scroll to Top